Sunday, April 6, 2008

When Life Overwhelms You


You sometimes wonder when did those days of my life fly away? Time indeed flies... It's pretty obvious; only that we don't see the obvious most of the time. I don't want to sound like certain someone in one of his poems but I too realized this sometime recently in life. No I'm not passing out or anything... I still have one more year to go... may be less than a year but still...

The whirligigs of your life sweeps you off your feet... and you don't even realize when it goes out of hand. No my readers, once let me contradict you, I'm not on drugs or anything. You feel happy that you are doing things you always wanted to do but never really got the opportunity to do back in time in some place. You are happy that life has finally given you what you always wanted... People recognizing for what you are doing, appreciations and praises galore... in this cluds of happiness or whatever you want to call it, may be 9, I forgot the one person who means a lot to me.. specially in this place where I am staying away from home, my parents, my close ones, friends whom I thought would never get out of touch with and have. She was the first friend I had in this place and the one person I know till this moment I can trust.

But sadly enough, thanks to all those praises galore, I have been neglecting this one aspect of my life here. I did not even notice the obvious this time. I could not be there when she wanted to. When I was sailing in the glory of my success, the person who was like a pillar of support was feeling left out...

They say life teaches you a lot. The tears in my friend's cheeks managed to bring me back to the reality. Those tears taught me that there is nothing more important in life than those who care for you and wish that you achieve the best that life has to offer.







2 comments:

fari said...

I don't know who it is about
But to know how much she means to u,that is so well-written

they say Time is the biggest thief, it steals away your days, your friends,

but may be time also gave us so many things, brought us places we were never meant to be in,
taught us how to quarrel, how to patch up, how to cry, to laugh,
but also how to miss

asmita said...

Yeah the person the post is dedicated to means a lot to me. Thanx that I have been able to atleast to realize before it was too late...
Yes time is a stealer...of life, of moments you never wanted to let go of...of friends who meant a lot to you at one point of time...
The experience actually makes you wary of being close to anybody else...incase you have to lose again.
I agree with you about time gives us... have been really gateful to Time for all those...